Choosing to enter rehab for drug or alcohol addiction is a difficult decision. Choosing where to go for treatment for drug and alcohol addiction is just as important. Recovery Keys in among the best rehabilitation centers you’ll find anywhere in the state of Florida.
Our rehab centers in Jacksonville and St. Augustine, Florida are led by physicians who are board certified in family medicine and addiction medicine. Physicians are on site, everyday that there is programming, seeing patients individually, providing oversight and answering any questions our therapists, licensed chemical dependency counselors or our patients may have. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in Recovery Keys’ receiving the Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for Behavioral Healthcare.
The Intensive Outpatient Program is a part-time, yet intensive schedule. The program meets for approximately 10 to 15 hours to help patients practice the skills they need for a lasting recovery, overcome shame and guilt, and gain confidence in their ability to live a full, productive, healthy and sober life.
What are the Benefits of Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)?
During treatment, something magical happens... Motivation turns from external to internal. This internal motivation has been described in many ways... Some talk about hitting a bottom. What is a bottom? It's when I begin to fear this disease more than I fear change.
The Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) is for adults who are struggling with drug or alcohol abuse and dual diagnoses such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
IOP allows individuals to receive a high level of support from our team of physicians, therapists, licensed counselors and psychologists, who are focused on helping patients heal the mind, body and spirit. Because overnight stays are not required, individuals in recovery may continue to work, go to school and participate in family life. The IOP program includes:
- A thorough evaluation of physical condition, mental health and the addictive disorder or disorders.
- Medical management by a board-certified addiction medicine physician.
- Multiple types of therapy and chemical dependency counseling options designed to teach better ways to cope with frustration, anger and cravings, as well as to develop skills and tools necessary for living a sober life.
- Holistic therapies such as mindfulness, meditation, biofeedback, self-hypnosis nutrition and exercise programs to relieve stress and anxiety, to restore a healthful balance, and to give patients healthy alternatives to past harmful behavior.
- The opportunity to explore spirituality and to develop a sense of purpose and meaning in life to strengthen recovery.
- Individual therapy and substance abuse counseling, allowing patients to confidentially work through issues one-on-one.
- Help with treating and effectively managing dual disorders such as depression, anxiety, bipolar or post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Treatment by physicians for chronic diseases such as pain conditions or other physical conditions.
- Opportunities to develop friendships with sober peers, and to give and receive support to others in recovery.
- The chance to put skills into practice in the real world through participation in recreational activities with a community of others in recovery.
- Support in restoring physical vitality through better nutrition and exercise – either gentle or more vigorous, depending on patient preference.
Recovery Keys programs treat the whole person – mind, body and spirit.
Will You Need An Intensive Outpatient Program after Day Treatment / Partial Hospitalization?
Patients begin their recovery journey at Recovery Keys with a thorough assessment. After this evaluation, our team may recommend the Intensive Outpatient Program. The Intensive Outpatient Program may also be a step down program for patients who have successfully completed the Day Treatment/Partial Hospitalization Program.
As patients progress, the intensity of the program may diminish as patients gain the skills needed to continue their recovery outside of treatment and feel ready to manage their health and wellbeing independently.
Recovery Keys accepts most private insurance plans for our outpatient treatment programs offered in Jacksonville and St. Augustine, Florida. Financing options are also available to qualified applicants.
To learn more about the Intensive Outpatient Program call Recovery Keys at (904) 342-5965 today or schedule an evaluation now.