The Disease Model of Addiction
Recovery Keys recognizes the disease model of addiction and treats substance use disorder as a brain disease, not a moral failing. Biologically speaking, initially rewarding chemicals have entered the brain’s pleasure center and have tricked the user into thinking he/she needs these chemicals in order to survive. This message negatively influences the behavior of the individual as he/she primarily strives to continue to supply the brain with the initially rewarding chemicals. The cycle becomes automatic and destructive as higher cortical functions of the brain are not helping the individual alter behavior.
In order to begin healing and learn new behaviors that will break the self-destructive cycle, both pharmacologic and intense behavioral therapies are often needed.
If you believe that you or a loved one is struggling with the disease of addiction, please schedule a thorough evaluation by an Addiction Medicine Physician or other Qualified Addiction Professional. During this evaluation you will receive recommendations to an appropriate level of care or program.
Recovery Keys Treatment Programs
Recovery Keys Treatment Programs are Abstinence-focused, 12 Step-based treatment programs for drug and alcohol addiction that combine medical science with time-tested spiritual principles to help each individual unlock his/her own pathway to recovery.
If you, or someone you know, is struggling with the disease of addiction, help is available. Contact us to schedule a full evaluation.
- Rehabs.com Listing
- Psychology Today – EXCELLENCE IN ADDICTION TREATMENT
- Methadone.us Listing
- Drug Detox Treatment Centers in Florida
- Suboxone Drug Rehab Doctors in Florida
City Rehab Sources
- Drug Detox Centers in Jacksonville, FL
- Drug Detox Centers in St. Augustine, FL
- Suboxone Drug Rehab Doctors in Jacksonville, FL
- Suboxone Drug Rehab Doctors in Jacksonville Beach, FL
- Suboxone Drug Rehab Doctors in Ponte Vedra, FL
- Suboxone Drug Rehab Doctors in St. Augustine, FL
- Suboxone Drug Rehab Doctors in Palm Coast, FL
- Suboxone Drug Rehab Doctors in Ormond Beach, FL
- Suboxone Drug Rehab Doctors in Daytona Beach, FL
- Suboxone Drug Rehab Doctors in Port Orange, FL
- Outpatient Substance Rehab Center in Jacksonville, FL
- Outpatient Substance Abuse Treatment Centers in Daytona, FL
- Outpatient Substance Abuse Treatment Centers in Ormond Beach, FL
- Outpatient Substance Abuse Treatment Centers in Palm Coast, FL
- Outpatient Substance Abuse Treatment Centers in Saint Augustine, FL
- Outpatient Detoxification and Treatment for Alcohol and Drug Addiction offered at Recovery Keys in Saint Augustine Florida
- Recovery Keys Intensive Outpatient Addiction Treatment Program IOP includes Drug and Alcohol Detoxification and serves St. Augustine, Palm Coast, and Ponte Vedra Florida
- Dr. Jerry Gropper, DDS, LPC, CAP and Debra Flaherty, LMHC, CAP have joined Recovery Keys Outpatient Addiction Treatment Center in St. Augustine, Florida
- Recovery Keys Opens Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) and Second Intensive Outpatient (IOP) Addiction Treatment Program in St. Augustine, Florida
- Recovery Keys Receives Joint Commission (JCAHO) Accreditation Certification for Excellence in Addiction Treatment and Behavioral Healthcare
- Recovery Keys Grand Opening in Jacksonville
- Lindsey Komara, LCSW has joined Recovery Keys Addiction Treatment Center in Jacksonville, Florida
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIH) — www.drugabuse.gov
- Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) — www.samhsa.gov
- National Association of Addiction Treatment Providers (NAATP) — www.naatp.org
- Florida Society of Addiction Medicine (FSAM) — www.flasam.org
- Florida Medical Professionals Group (FMPG) — www.fmpg.org